Five Leagues from the Borderlands

 


Meet Gunnar and the starting members of his warband for a solo narrative gaming campaign using the Five Leagues from the Borderlands rules by Ivan Sorensen.  At pointing of writing this post I am now 20 turns into the campaign and I have added two pages to this Blog, one showcasing the miniatures I have painted for this game and the other tracking the battles of the campaign.  

I hope you find these interesting and if a solo fantasy campaign sounds like your idea of fun I can heartily recommend these rules.  Once you get to grips with the combat system, a typical game can be set up, played, and packed away in a couple of hours.  The campaign stuff is fun and gives you stuff to do away from the table, and of course it’s a great excuse to source and paint minis.  Though you can play with just six for the warband and can proxy the enemies with around a dozen figures.

There is also a Facebook community that is really inspiring and helpful for new players.  You’ll even find me and Ivan on there.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Gunnar’s Diary

So it begins