SAGA: Age of Magic

For some reason, I can't just ‘fight’ a wargame, I have to have some sort of scene setting.  Many get this from re-fighting historical battles, but for fantasy games I need to make up my own setting.  I hadn't really been able to label this behaviour until I became aware of Ivan Sorensen - Nordic Weasel Blog - and his term "Narrative Gaming".  Anyway, my first project on returning to gaming turned ambitious almost immediately with the decision to make six armies to fit in the different factions of SAGA: Age of Magic and then run a bunch of games pitting the Viking Horde against the other five with a bit of a story running through it all.  I documented this all on LAF but will document it again on some pages here over the next few days.




Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Gunnar’s Diary

Five Leagues from the Borderlands

So it begins