My style

 

Lets start by getting it right out there that my painting style is what people often refer to as ‘Tabletop Ready’.  It looks better at a few feet away on the table than it does blown up in a photo. This is no accident, I consider myself to be a gamer who won’t “play grey” rather than a miniature painter.  The aim is to get miniatures on to the table, not into a cabinet, so I often reach a point where I say “that will do”, or “it’s on the back, nobody will notice”.

I should say I am in awe of some of the work I have seen.  The painters who can make a model seem real, who make metal out of non-metallic paints, who do eyes that express character by putting 10 different colours on, who do lighting effects, etc.  That’s not what you’ll find here, ever.  I use Army Painter Speedpaints, and love them, no apologies for that.  

I have realised this in turn spills over into my other hobby choices.  I haven’t done anything historical because painting to a set palette, where you can be ‘wrong’ holds no interest.  Likewise my armies tend to look more like a rabble because doing the same uniform over and over holds no fun.

I even play Skirmish games instead of mass battles because I like variety.  In fact my miniature choices are being driven by that same need.  I buy lots of individual figures, I buy sets if they are sets of individuals or I can already see how I can make them so.  I like boxes of plastic ‘kits’ the most, especially when I can start mixing bits from different kits!

So, there it is, follow this Blog if that sounds like you or at least sounds mildly interesting, but don’t if you think “he does that stuff now but soon he might do something different I am actually interested in” because chances are I won’t.  Just saying.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Gunnar’s Diary

Five Leagues from the Borderlands

So it begins