Mansions of Madness

These posts will bounce around a little as I catch up with the past nine months of output and add new stuff directly here, this one is current as I only finished these miniatures this weekend.  

I was wondering how I could keep enjoying painting minis without constantly spending money and without filling the house with minis I would hardly ever use.  Then a few weeks ago I mentioned this to a Boardgamer at work who offered to let me paint the minis that come with the Lovecraftian game Mansions of Madness.  This was an interesting challenge as until this point everything I had done was open to my own interpretation, but these had a mythos of their own and accepted colour schemes, not to mention that the Investigator characters came with cards that show at least the upper half of the character!

Here’s how I did, and the guys who play the game seem happy, so yay!


First up the 8 Investigators, it was actually fun to try and match the cards and then envision what their lower half would be like







These two large figures are Star Swarm of Cthulhu, I simply couldn’t bring myself to paint them both the same and indeed I followed that through to the others






These are Deep Ones, I’m not a fan of the sculpts personally, and again I did all four a little differently






These are called Hunting Horrors, some kind of flying snake apparently.  These don’t have a generally accepted colour scheme so I went with a colour to set them apart from the rest






The four club wielding guys are Deep One Hybrids, hence the skin colour, no idea why they have tentacles when Deep Ones don’t, but hey ho.  Also here are two ghosts and a ghoulish thing called Child of Dagon




The game has some nasty looking square bases for the monsters but I found an interesting discussion about using clear bases so the board itself could be seen through them, so I based these all up that way including the two groups of three villagers apparently rioting



Last up, the Priest of Dagon and six cultists. Again not really a fan of the sculpts which is a shame as there are six cultists all the same, but I did little touches to make them all different








Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Gunnar’s Diary

Five Leagues from the Borderlands

So it begins