Happy Birthday Horrendous Gaming!
Good grief a lot has happened in the past 12 months! It was a year ago today that after a surprise “opportunity” to retire from my day job and the realisation that the only way to have exactly the kind of solo campaign I wanted to play was to create it myself, I published Call Security! I said at the time it was part of a “Solo Tabletop Adventure System” and even called it the “Space Station Edition” to give me the impetus to create other “Editions”.
So here we are, 12 months later and not only are there seven Editions in the Adventure System, there are two sets of “Tabletop Miniatures Campaign” and today I’ve released a “Miniatures Campaign and Big Battles System”. That’s 10 publications and 870 pages of solo gaming material. All of which I’m also painting figures for, making terrain for, and playing myself. A hobby on overdrive!
So have I got that out of my system now? Absolutely not! The early games in the Adventure system have already had a significant update and there's another set of updates plus two more new Editions planned before the end of 2026. There’s also another two Adventures and another Campaign set planned after that, so plenty to come over the next 12 months too. I’ll probably start other things before the end of that of course, but have not (yet) decided what, possibly another “big battles” project … maybe.
Oh and if that sounds like I’m slowing down a bit, don’t worry, you may have noticed that I’m still doing things for others and that will continue, especially with one particular company, but more about that as things get released.
So Horrendous Gaming is definitely now “a thing” rather than just a blog, which brings me on to my social media presence. I keep hearing that blogs are “dead” and I’m very aware I only have 5 official followers, but I feel there’s enough of a difference between my publishing role and my general hobby activities, so the current plan is to keep this blog for weekly progress on my hobbying and detailing the figures I’m doing and games I’m playing, while the Reddit sub is dedicated to Horrendous Gaming the publisher.
Anyway, thanks for reading, thanks even more if you’ve bought any of my games, and I hope you’ll still be around over the next year.
Dean.


I honestly had no idea that you'd been publishing all of those books in only a year. That is truly outstanding! Congrats 365 times over!!
ReplyDeleteThanks Mike, I’m thinking of it as I had a whole bunch of stuff bottled up inside me and I’ve been letting it free
ReplyDelete